DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New York!

Hi All,
Mr. Tennis' company, that he works for had a company weekend in New York. The only time that would work for everyone, was this past weekend. Security was tight as 9/11 approached.
We had a almost 2 hr ride in from LaGuardia into midtown Manhattan. Normally, a 1/2 hr. ride. I was glad all the police were around checking trucks, cars and slowing the city down for our safety. Indeed, it is a sad day to remember all the lives lost 10 yrs ago, but New Yorkers are one of a kind and their city is fabulous!
Dan and I at the little pub around the corner from our hotel, the Hilton in midtown, where we ate and watch US Open tennis :)
The group from his company on a dinner cruise around the Hudson river...
Here are the sights we were seeing, as we were cruising around...
From the dinner table, Lady Liberty. Isn't she something! The singers were singing "America, The Beautiful," as we passed her. So touching, especially on the eve of 9/11.
The view from our room...
Radio City Music Hall, right down the street from our hotel...
My personal highlight of the trip. The Plaza Hotel. What a beautiful old hotel with such wonderful history. Whenever we go to NYC, I can't wait to see her again :)
Dan and I had breakfast at The Palm Court at The Plaza before we left the city...
Interior shot of The Plaza...
The Lobby...
Me on the beautiful entrance into The Plaza. This shot is in sooooo many movies. My favorite is where Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford spot each other as he is coming out of The Plaza in The Way We Were. Get the Kleenex out!!!
Hope you all have a great week ahead!

I am linking with...

11 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome post and amazing photos Robin! Sounds like you had a truly wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful you are SAFE!! AND glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post! So glad that you mad a marvelous time. The Plaza is indeed special (I am hoping to catch a glimpse of Cary Grant at the Oak bar some day - a la North by Northwest). Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a wonderful time.
    One of the grandsons went to NYC awhile back and he had an absolute BLAST. He tried to see everything he could while there...and he went to Washington, DC and LOVED it.

    {{{{ROBIN}}}}....you eat only FISH..no other meats? Fish is about the only meat I won't eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know now why you are out running around from Florida to NY!
    Would love to see NY someday. I drove by the house Friday...Wow! The addition looks huge, I can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip! I am so glad you got to enjoy the fun of New York, especially at such a poignant time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing Robin! Love NY, so many good times to be had there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin! Oh, what a wonderful time you and your hubby must have had! You look so pretty! Don't you just love New York? I can't imagine the feeling you must have felt right before 9-11.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post. Glad you both had such a fun time! I really miss NYC now. Loved it so much when I lived there and miss my design school too.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome....I love NYC. My son lives in lower Manhattan and had to fly out of JFK on 9/11. I was a nervous wreck but all went well. Love all your photos. Did you get to the US Open? D played his heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't NYC truly 'the city that never sleeps?'

    Loved your photos. I bet you had the best time!

    I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete