DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Monday, August 16, 2010

The Little Bedroom

Good Morning,
I have worked my way up to the little bedroom at the top of the stairs with woodwork painting, etc. This used to be my son's room, when he was little. I decided to turn it into a den/reading room:) Here are a few shots...
I brought a chair over from the Inn and added the rocking chair from the living room. I added one of my vintage Ethan Allen end tables and a tole lamp.

I left the little duck on the door, that I bought so many years ago declaring this is Jake's room :)


Another vintage maple table...
I have more to add in this room, such as pictures, etc. but this is a start!

10 comments:

  1. What a cute room...Jake must have really enjoyed it.
    Now, won't it make a great "get away" room to get lost in a good book.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet room. I love all the nooks and crannies in the cottage. What fun you must be having reclaiming each special room. Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and cozy room, I'd find myself tucked in there quite a bit!

    Have a great week!

    Nancy
    Nancy's Notes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin! Oh, how nice to turn Jake's little room into a completely different one for you! I love that wallpaper! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an adorable room! My Mom used to have the same lamp, except it was in black. I wish she had kept it. Of course being the horse loving gal that I am, I love that wallpaper!!

    Lots of love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love little spaces like you have here. So cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very cozy! I love re-making rooms! It is obvious you do, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! The wallpaper is just stunning! Who's the manufacturer??
    Tamzin X

    ReplyDelete
  9. They just don't make houses with all those interesting and cozy angles anymore. I love this little room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robin,
    I tried to leave you a note yesterday,I'm not sure what happened. So I will try again..
    I love your little room a top of the stairs. How charming and what a sweet little get-a way room this would make. You went of Elvis week, how fun! I have so many stories I could share with you..but it would take forever for me to write about them. There will never be another Elvis, he was the "King". One day I will blog about Gary as a Elvis Performer and show some of his belts and costumes.
    Have a very sweet day, big hugs~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete