DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Friday, April 16, 2010

Mary and Her Clothes-70's Style


You all know how I love The Mary Tyler Moore Show. This is a picture from the first episode, when Phyliss is showing her that great apartment. Is this not the neatest coat? And what about Phyliss and those shoes. I loved to see what the girls were going to be wearing, waaaaayyyyy back in the 70's. Too cool :)
Hope you are all having a great evening.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for coming to visit! I loved those chairs, too--now I can see--looking at your earlier post--that you love that style! Mom always has loved Ethan Allen, and those chairs are definitely an old favorite of mine!

    I miss the Mary Tyler Moore show! We need more like that, don't we?!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is definitely a cool coat. I think the boots are groovy too! I love the 70's look. I had kinda forgotten about the Mary Tyler Moore show until reading your blog posts and now I find myself wanting to watch some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...you needed to be around in the 50's, 60's and 70's...
    I never missed an episode of MARY !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! My husband still has his coat like that. The mans version, not the Mary version. It's hanging in my sons closet. We have DVD's of some of the old MTM shows. It was a fun show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe - I'm old to enough to have actually worn that coat back in the 70's! I wonder what happened to it??? Hmmm? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's crazy how it seems like a version of that coat is always in style! My daughter had one, circa 2005. And I'm so glad you started posting about your love of the MTM show, because I've been catching it a couple times a week, when I remember, on that station I told you about. I hope you were able to find it somewhere on your "dial"!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAD that coat, back in the 70s. Not those boots though -- went more for black or brown boots myself. One of my daughters had a similar coat with embroidery down front and around hem, in 2004. what goes around, comes around!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Such beautiful pics of Marry in the 70's I never missed her show! WOW! the cloths. So much fun.

    XOXO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete