DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dad's 75th


Hi All,
Tonight I am linking up with Susan and Between Naps on the Porch and Tablescape Thursday. This is a tablescape I did for my Dad's 75th birthday, 5 yrs ago. I hosted it at the Inn. He still plays a great game of tennis and passed the love of the sport on to me. How great it is at our ages 80 and 53 to still be able to play tennis together! I know you can spot the old wooded tennis racquets(one is his and one is mine from the 70's), but notice I put the blue party sparklies in tennis ball cans on the sideboard.

15 comments:

  1. STUNNING!!! you are so very CLEVER!!! That must be what makes your blog so special! It is a blessing that you have such a good relationship with your dad.... Hope your evening is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm glad I stopped by your house is so sweet. You are very creative it's so nice to meet you.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your wallpaper! Very cute table too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great is that, to play tennis with your dad. Enjoy him every minute. Cute idear to incorporate the vintage rackets, they sure have come a long way, but there is something special about those old wooden ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stained glass window in this photo. I had to go back and reread some of your blogs to find out about, The Daisy Inn. I was wondering if that was what you named your house? LOL! Then I saw it! Are you still running it? I would have loved to do that, what an experience! And that is fabulous that he is still playing tennis at 80 and you certainly do not look like you are 53! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Your Dad sounds wonderful! FULL of life!! PLease stop over to see my table....my picture isn't showing but you can get to my link if you click on it....this is my first time doing the pic. link thingy!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's it's great that your dad is still playing tennis!! May he live long and prosper!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue sparklies in the cans of tennis balls is a great idea! How I wish you and I had been blog friends last year when I was having to decorate for the high school boys tennis team banquet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great table setting for a wonderfully special occasion.. well done indeed~!

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute table! It is wonderful you and your father can still enjoy a game of tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect, personal way to decorate for such a special occasion! I know your father and all the guests were charmed by your attention to detail. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your site.
    Kelly Bookend Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely celebration. It's good to keep on making those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great centerpiece for such a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete